Dr M.V. Lakshman comes to academics with over 20 years of experience in commercial banking in analytical and leadership roles. He is a Fellow from IIM, Bengaluru in Finance &Control. His dissertation was on the Impact of Institutional Investors on the Indian Capital Market.
After completing his FPM in 2010, he has been working in various Business schools. He teaches core courses as well as electives in the area of Finance & Accounting.
- M.V. Lakshman, Sankarshan Basu, R. Vaidyanathan (August 2013), Market-wide Herding and the Impact of Institutional Investors in the Indian Capital Market, Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Sage Publication, Volume 12, Issue 2, pp. 197-237, ISSN 0972-6527, 0973-0710, ABDC “B”, Scopus.
- M.V. Lakshman, Sankarshan Basu, R. Vaidyanathan (2012), Market-wide Herding and Impact of Institutional Investors in Indian Capital Markets, IIM B Working Paper Series, Working Paper No 327.
- M.V. Lakshman, R. Vaidyanathan (April-June 2008), Impact of Institutional Investors on the market – A Survey, Indian Journal of Capital Markets.
- M.V. Lakshman, R. Vaidyanathan, (April 2009), Sub-Prime Crisis and Lessons to be learnt, ICFAI Reader.
- M.V. Lakshman, Sankarshan Basu, R. Vaidyanathan, (July 06-08, 2008), Impact of Institutional Investors on Volatility of Indian Capital Markets, 12th APRIA Conference, Sydney
12th APRIA Conference, Sydney, July 06-08, 2008.
Monetary Policy in a globalised economy: a practitioner’s view by Rakesh Mohan, IIMB Management Review, March-June 2010, Vol 22, Issue 1-2, 56-59
- Associate Professor at School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai, from May 2021 to July 2021
- Senior Faculty at Institute of Insurance and Risk Management (IIRM), Hyderabad, November 2019 – Jun 2020.
- Associate Professor at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Hyderabad, Telangana, from May 2017 to Jan 2019
- Adjunct Professor in Finance Area in Lubin School of Business, Pace University, New York and MCNY, New York; taught 33 courses over 12 terms from 2012 to 2016.
- Associate Professor in Finance area in Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), June 2010 to August 2011
- Fellow in Finance & Control, IIM Bengaluru, Mar 2010
- CFA, Finance: 3 levels, ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India), Dec 1999
- FRM Level I (Financial Risk Management), Risk Management & Derivatives, GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals), 2013
- Diploma in Management, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), Dec 1994
- Diploma in Marketing Management, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), Dec 1997
- Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB), Indian Institute of Bankers, Dec 1998
- B. Tech, Civil Engineering, JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), College of Engineering, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, Mar 1980. Graduated with a University Gold medal.