Dr. M.V. Lakshman comes to academics with over 20 years of experience in commercial banking in analytical and leadership He is a Fellow from IIM, Bengaluru in Finance & Accounting. His dissertation was on the Impact of Institutional Investors on the Indian Capital Market.
- V. Lakshman, Sankarshan Basu, R. Vaidyanathan (August 2013), Market-wide Herding and the Impact of Institutional Investors in the Indian Capital Market, Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Sage Publication, Volume 12, Issue 2, pp. 197-237, ISSN 0972- 6527, 0973-0710, ABDC “B”, Scopus.
- V. Lakshman, Sankarshan Basu, R. Vaidyanathan (2012), Market-wide Herding and Impact of Institutional Investors in Indian Capital Markets, IIM B Working Paper Series, Working Paper No 327.
- V. Lakshman, R. Vaidyanathan (April-June 2008), Impact of Institutional Investors on the market – A Survey, Indian Journal of Capital Markets.
- V. Lakshman, R. Vaidyanathan, (April 2009), Sub-Prime Crisis and Lessons to be learnt, ICFAI Reader.
- V. Lakshman, Sankarshan Basu, R. Vaidyanathan, (July 06-08, 2008), Impact of Institutional Investors on Volatility of Indian Capital Markets, 12th APRIA Conference, Sydney.
- Monetary Policy in a globalized economy: a practitioner’s view by Rakesh Mohan, IIMB Management Review, March-June 2010, Vol 22, Issue 1-2, 56-59
- Associate Professor at School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai, from May 2021 to July 2021
- Senior Faculty at Institute of Insurance and Risk Management (IIRM), Hyderabad, November 2019 – Jun
- Associate Professor at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Hyderabad, Telangana, from May 2017 to Jan 2019
- Adjunct Professor in Finance Area in Lubin School of Business, Pace University, New York and MCNY, New York; taught 33 courses over 12 terms from 2012 to
- Associate Professor in Finance area in Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), June 2010 to August 2011
- Courses taught:
|Corporate Finance||Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management||Mergers & Acquisitions|
|Valuation||Project Appraisal & Financing||Financial Accounting|
|Derivatives||Entrepreneurial Finance||Financial Statement Analysis|
|International Finance||Money & Banking||Behavioural Finance|
- Fellow in Finance & Control, IIM Bengaluru, Mar 2010
- CFA, Finance: 3 levels, ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India), Dec 1999
- FRM Level I (Financial Risk Management), Risk Management & Derivatives, GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals), 2013
- Diploma in Management, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), Dec 1994
- Diploma in Marketing Management, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), Dec 1997
- Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB), Indian Institute of Bankers, Dec 1998
- Tech, Civil Engineering, JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), College of Engineering, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, Mar 1980. Graduated with a University Gold medal.