Dr. Manu Prasad is a PhD. from the Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (IIM Trichy), having finished his thesis in the Organizational Behavior domain in 2020. His thesis examined the role of deception as an influence tactic at the workplace by identifying the situational antecedents and facilitating conditions of the managerial behavior. He has presented his thesis papers in several leading international conferences including the European Group of Organizational Studies (EGOS) and the European Congress of Psychology (ECP), among others.
His research interests pertain broadly to analysing individual and group behavior in organizational contexts, especially in areas such as influence tactics, organizational identification, and leadership-culture interactions. Some of his other papers have been accepted for presentation at top conferences in the OB& HRM area such as the International Congress of Psychology (ICP), Indian Academy of Management(INDAM) and the PAN-IIM, etc., among others.
His teaching interests span across micro and macro issues in the behavioral domain including subjects such as people and process management in organizations, organizational strategy, and leadership & organizational change. He is comfortable and has the experience of using a diverse range of pedagogical tools including the case study method and lecture-based classes in catering to different student audiences.
Major Conference proceedings & Acceptances
- Prasad, M., Totawar, A., & Nambudiri, R. (2016). What’s in a name? The what and why of ‘name dropping’. Paper presented at the 32nd European Group of Organizational Studies (EGOS) Colloquium, Naples, Italy.
- Totawar, A., Nambudiri, R. & Prasad, M. (2016). Does the name matter? The what and why of name dropping. Paper presented at the 31st International Congress of Psychology, Yokohama, Japan.
- Prasad, M. (2017). Leadership Styles in Groups: An Evolutionary Perspective. Accepted for presentation at the 5th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference (INDAM), IIM Indore.
- Prasad, M. &Totawar, A. (2018). Organizational Identification and the ‘Image-Identity’ Incongruence: Understanding a Dilemma for Organizations. Accepted for presentation at the 6th PAN IIM Conference, IIM Bangalore.
- Prasad, M., Nidheesh J.C, &Totawar, A.K (2020). Breaking away or holding together? A framework examining the interaction of (new) leadership interventions and organizational culture. Accepted for presentation at the 32nd International Congress of Psychology, Prague, Czech Republic.
People and Process Management in Organizations, Organizational Strategy, Biases & Heuristics in Decision Making, Leadership & Change Management in Organizations
- B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering, Cochin University of Science & Technology, 2013.
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli, 2020.