Dr. Urvashi Rathod holds a Ph.D. from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani in the area of software development and information systems. She has experience of 33 years in industry and academia including an entrepreneurial stint of seven years in the software industry. Her academic assignments include IIM Indore, ICFAI Business School, Symbiosis International, and others. She has been holding the responsibility of policy formation and implementation for academic and research administration for several years.
Her research has been published in the International Journal of Project Management, Information and Software Technology, Australasian Journal of Information Systems, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing and others. She is a member of the Editorial Boards of Scopus indexed research journals.
Areas of her academic interest are strategic Information Technology (IT), Technology Management, Project Management, IT in Business, Management Information Systems, Research Methodology and topics related to Software Development.
She has been collaborating with the academics from US, Australia and Europe for various academic and research endeavours.
Dr. Urvashi Rathod has been working on the problems related to the success of software development and information systems in organizations. Her research focus has been on the factors that influence the performance of software projects, agile risk management, collaboration in supply chains and related information frameworks, software reference models and architecture. Two of her Ph.D. students have been awarded the degree.
She has published research papers in the A and B grade journals of the ABDC journal quality list provided by the Australian Business Deans Council. Her research has been cited well and recognized by her peers internationally. She has been a recipient of research grants from international organizations like IBM and PMI, USA. Her research proposals have attracted substantial funding and collaboration opportunities from international organizations and universities. She is on the Research Advisory Board/Committee of institutions, Editorial Boards of the journals published by Springer and Inderscience and Programme Committees of various research conferences.
Her present research interests are agile software development, Industry 4.0, supply chain risks, and societal implications of Artificial Intelligence and allied technologies.
Research Papers in Journals
- Suprika Shrivastava and Urvashi Rathod, A Goal-driven Risk Management Approach for Distributed Agile Development Projects, Australasian Journal of Information Systems, Vol 23, 2019. http://dx.doi.org/10.3127/ajis.v23i0.1843
- Manoj Hudnurkar, Urvashi Rathod, Suresh Kumar Jakhar, Omkarprasad S. Vaidya, (2018) "Development of a balanced scorecard-based supplier collaborative performance index", International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 67 Issue: 2, pp.401-425, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-05-2016-0084
- Manoj Hudnurkar, Sujeet Deshpande and Urvashi Rathod, Supply Chain Risk Classification Schemes: A Literature Review, Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2017, pp. 182-199.
- Suprika Vasudeva Shrivastava, Urvashi Rathod, A risk management framework for distributed agile projects, Information and Software Technology, Volume 85, May 2017, Pages 1-15, ISSN 0950-5849, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2016.12.005. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0950584916304815)
- Manoj Hudnurkar, Urvashi Rathod, (2017) "Collaborative practices with suppliers in Indian manufacturing multinationals", Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing, Vol. 10 Issue: 2, https://doi.org/10.1108/JGOSS-07-2016-0022
- Manoj Hudnurkar, Urvashi Rathod, Suresh Kumar Jakhar, (2016) "Multi-criteriadecision framework for supplier classification in collaborative supply chains: Buyer ' s perspective", International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 65 Iss: 5, pp.622 –640. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/IJPPM-03-2015-0048(Emerald)
- Suprika V. Shrivastava, Urvashi Rathod, Categorization of risk factors for distributed agile projects, Information and Software Technology, Volume 58, February 2015, Pages 373-387, ISSN 0950-5849, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2014.07.007. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095058491400161X)
- Shrivastava, Urvashi Rathod, Risks in distributed agile development: A review, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, May 2014, Volume 133: Pages 417-424 (SciVerse, ScienceDirect; ISSN:1877-0428).DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.04.208. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187704281403118
- Manoj Hudnurkar, Suresh Jhakkar, Urvashi Rathod, Factors affecting collaboration in supply chain: A literature Review, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, May, 2014, Volume 133, Pages 189-202 (SciVerse, ScienceDirect; ISSN: 1877-0428).DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.04.184. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814030948
- Manoj Hudnurkar and Urvashi Rathod, Collaborative supply chain: insights from simulation, International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering andManagement, Springer, 2012, Volume 3, Number 2, Pages 122-144
- Agarwal Nitin and Rathod Urvashi, Defining ‘success’ for software projects: An exploratory revelation, International Journal of Project Management, Elsevier, 24, 2006, pp 358 – 370.
Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Seyed Ali Marjaie and Urvashi Rathod, "Communication in Agile Software Projects: Qualitative Analysis using Grounded Theory in System Dynamics", Proceedings of 29th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, July 24 – 28, 2011, Washington D.C. ISBN 978-1-935056-07-2. http://www.systemdynamics.org/conferences/2011/proceed/papers/P1353.pdf
- Goswami, G. S. Walia and U. Rathod, "Using Learning Styles to Staff and Improve Software Inspection Team Performance," 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering Workshops (ISSREW), Ottawa, ON, 2016, pp. 9-12. doi: 10.1109/ISSREW.2016.38 (IEEE proceedings in Scopus)
Dr. Urvashi Rathod has taught the courses such as Management of Information Systems, Management of Information Technology, Management of Software Projects, Software Cost Estimation, Software Products, Systems Analysis and Design, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Engineering, Technology Management, Computer Networks and Research Methodology.
She has taught only at Post Graduate and Doctorate Levels. She has been a resource person for facilitating the learning of Ph.D. students and members of the Faculty on Research Methodology. She has been a Visiting Faculty to the institutions of repute and has contributed to faculty Development Programmes and curriculum development.
She has been invited for delivering the keynote and plenary talks in research conferences and forums.
Ph.D. - Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani