Uncover Innovative Solutions to Your Most Challenging Business Problems
Design Thinking and Innovation will teach you how to leverage fundamental design thinking principles and innovative problem-solving tools to address business challenges and build products, strategies, teams, and environments for optimal use and performance.
100 Skilled Lecturers
What You'll Learn
- Approach problems using structured methods of gathering observations, breaking cognitive fixedness, and generating creative ideas for solutions
- Apply creative solutions and behavior-change analysis to innovation development and internal team processes
- Develop a strategic innovation toolkit and learn when and how to apply design thinking and innovative problem-solving tools and exercises
- Practice empathy in applying a human-centered approach to design techniques, such as user research, user experience, prototyping, and journey mapping
- Assess group dynamics and improve team performance through tools and processes designed to enhance collaboration and iteration in development
- Guide teams to draw from a wide range of professional experiences and backgrounds and create stronger collaboration dynamics to heighten their approach to innovation
The HBS Online Advantage
- World-class faculty
- Edge-of-your-seat online learning
- Global peer collaboration and networking
- Real-world, case-based learning
Harvard Business School Online offers a unique and highly engaging way to learn vital business concepts. Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by seasoned leaders across a variety of industries, including serial entrepreneur John Osher; Jennifer Hyman, CEO of Rent the Runway; and Scott Cook, founder of Intuit. Wrestle with the same issues they faced, while problem-solving and engaging with learners from around the world.
Who will benefit
Aspiring or Current Innovation Managers
Develop an innovation mindset and toolkit you can use to guide your team or organization’s strategy.
Discover frameworks and techniques you can leverage to bring new and innovative products or services to market.
Product Managers, Developers, and Marketers
Create products and services that resonate with your audience by understanding and applying human-centered design.