Dr. Shoba James
Marketing and HR
Dr. Shoba James, a highly motivated and accomplished academic professional, is an Assistant Professor at the Vijay Patil School of Management, with 7 years of industry experience and 12 years of academic experience in research, teaching, and curriculum development and innovative pedagogical approaches. A dynamic and creative educator who is committed to creating an excellent and engaging learning environment.
Adept at securing research grants, publishing in journals, and guiding students on the value of research in their career path. Dr. Shoba James is Committed to contributing to the growth of in the field of research through interdisciplinary collaboration and has served as the director of several Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences for both academicians and students.
RESEARCH PAPER PUBLICATIONS:
Dr.Shoba James has presented and published multiple papers in high-ranking journals. She has published 15 Research papers published till now in various UGC Care listed journal, Peer Reviewed Journals and Various Publications. She has been convener of many research conferences, workshop and seminars. She has also won Two Best research paper award.
MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT:
Director of Minor Research project funded by RUSA topic titled “An Empirical Study on Banking and Customer Experience During Covid-19 In Navi Mumbai Region”.
- Invited as a resource person at Workshop on Research Methodology workshop organized by Department of Commerce, Changu Kana Thakur Arts, Commerce and Science College, Panvelon 6th February 2023, on the topic “Advance Excel”.
- Invited as a resource person at two-day online Research Methodology workshop under the project ‘Karkhanis Prabodhini’ organized by Research Committee, P.D. Karkhanis College, Ambernath on 25th February 2021, on the topic “Basics of Statistical Tools”.
AVISKHAR RESEARCH CONVENTION:
- Participated thrice at AVISKHAR research convention and got qualified to University Level Research Competition.
STUDENTS RESEARCH GUIDANCE:
- Research Guidance provided to Students of SYBMS (22-23) to present research paper at 17th Avishkar Research Convention organized by University of Mumbai.
- Research Guidance provided to Students to present at various Intercollegiate Student Research Convention organized by SIES College, Guru Nanak College of Arts, Science and Commerce, S.K. College of Science and Commerce.
- Pallavi Maharashi was awarded Best research paper award during the Intercollegiate Student Research Convention under the guidance of Dr. Shoba James.
Dr. Shoba James have 12 years of teaching experience, specializing in Organizational behavior, Strategic management, Business research methods, International marketing, and Consumer behavior.
In addition, as the Head of the Department of Management Studies she facilitates all academic, curricular, and co-curricular activities for students, as well as organizes varied intra and inter-collegiate competitions for them. She provides Counselling to students on career problems and promote their personal and professional growth and also Inculcates the value of good citizenship by organizing various awareness programmes.
Ph.D. (Commerce) in Business Policy & Administration, University of Mumbai
Masters in Commerce (Accountancy), University of Mumbai
Masters in Commerce (Banking & Insurance), Madurai Kamaraj University
Masters in Business Administration, Madurai Kamaraj University
Bachelors in Education and Research, University of Mumbai
Bachelors in Commerce, University of Mumbai