Discover What’s Behind the Numbers in Financial Statements
Financial Accounting teaches key accounting concepts and principles to illuminate financial statements and unlock critical insights into business performance and potential. Explore how managers, Wall Street analysts, and entrepreneurs leverage accounting to drive strategic decision-making.
100 Skilled Lecturers
What You'll Learn
- Discover how balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements are developed and how each interact
- Evaluate the financial health of a business using financial statements
- Understand GAAP and IFRS standards
- Prepare and evaluate financial forecasts to make strategic decisions
- Value a venture, project, or investment opportunity and perform a sensitivity analysis
The HBS Online Advantage
- World-class faculty
- Edge-of-your-seat online learning
- Global peer collaboration and networking
- Real-world, case-based learning
Harvard Business School Online offers a unique and highly engaging way to learn vital business concepts. Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by seasoned leaders across a variety of industries, including serial entrepreneur John Osher; Jennifer Hyman, CEO of Rent the Runway; and Scott Cook, founder of Intuit. Wrestle with the same issues they faced, while problem-solving and engaging with learners from around the world.
Who will benefit
College Students and Recent Graduates
Learn the language of business through accounting as you gain the skills and knowledge to analyze financial statements.
Those Considering an MBA
Prepare for the MBA classroom with the program Harvard Business School offers to incoming students.
Gain confidence in your ability to understand financial statements and communicate financial results.